Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Dress Me Up...!!

So, I'll be officially The Man's wife by this upcoming December, lawfully. Thus, a lot of wedding preparation going on in my current life. First stop, the DRESS!!!! Yes. The WHITE DRESS!

If not all, most girls grow up with their dream wedding dress in mind. A good marketing job by Disney or all fairy tales storybook company. But for myself, I don't have one. My wedding dress emerged from mommy's wedding dress -> tube dress -> hollywood simple dress and the list went on.

But now, as my real turn, I was lost in search of the perfect wedding dress. Simply not because I did not have idea what i would love to wear, but because I want to wear them all in one day. I don't know about all other bride-to-be, but for myself, I'd love to wear them all!

One good website that I've found recently is Wedding Inspirasi. I religiously follow this wedding wear blog nowadays. It's just one of the most complete wedding dress book that you want to know when planning for your big day. From asian designer to middle east and up to Europe designer. She covers them all

Anyway, for myself, I've decided to have my wedding dress done by an Indonesian designer. He is known as Pak Adrian. One of the lecturer in Susan Budihardjo Fashion School. I trust my day to him and I hope he will make me as one of the prettiest bride ....at least in my hometown

The deal is a lot of liaising done remotely. As i'm still working in Singapore, and the designer is based in Indonesia, numerous texting, and phone call to make sure we can get the best out of everything.


So, recently I went back to Indonesia to have my first measurement (after long diet effort). We decided to have kebaya look dress with lace as main fabric.

Not many photos for now, but at least there you are. Me - measured - happy bride!!!

Not sure why The Man always took photo of me from Top view. I look like Queen Ant instead of Bee

No comments:

Post a Comment