Sunday, February 20, 2011

Wedding Gown Dreams

Every bride-to-be dreamt of the day they wore their THAT ONE DRESS! Yes, not Chanel little black dress or Herve Leger bodybelting dress, but that one special wedding dress. The same came to me. Like a typical bride, I wanted my dress wow-ed my guests (eventhough it's a fake wow~ just give it to me). But also unlike other typical bride, I have 2 chances to wow my guests because I had 2 wedding reception to hold: Singapore & Indonesia. "How awesome is that" you said. It was nightmare, let me tell you.

That was equivalent of double job in almost everything. I was up to my neck especially when I was much involved in every single details of the preparations.

So, for the wedding held in Singapore, I decided to wear a brownish gold evening dress and only 1 dress. I'm one of the luckiest brides because his sister is actually a fashion designer. She is very young but trust me, this girl knows how to rock it!
So, one day when I flipped the magazine looking for the perfect style, I came across this design from Zuhair Murad. One of my favorite designer for his haute couture. His style is so classy and perfect for red carpet night. I was just swooned almost instantly. It's a romantic dress I've been longing for. And I know I want this vibe on my dress.
Zuhair Murad Fall 2010 collection I fell for
So, after much discussion, we decided to go with the improvised style to flatter my figures.  Came upon numbers of problem with the fabrics, but finally we settled with very simple tulle and some embroidered laces.
This is how the dress turned out to be...A little darker though
As for the matrimony in Indonesia, I was again inspired by Zuhair Murad's collection and decided to go for that look. I have to admit that it wont ever be as beautiful as ZM's collection, and we won't ever have that budget for wedding gown. So, I showed the designer the dress and we started to chose the fabrics together at Pasar Baru, Jakarta. Not in my life I would understand that there are hundreds, thousands kind of laces to choose from. In duration of 15 minutes, all color started to look the same for me. Let alone the details of the lace. -_- Just not my forte!
Wedding gown I want (minus the skirt and train details)
Photo: weddinginspirasi
How my dress turned out to be..I love it

Everything turned out pretty combined with my pretty custom-made lace wedding shoes. It was done at Yongki Komaladi. I was at first set no expectation about the shoes, mainly because seeing and been to their office. I thought they won't ever come out with shoes I'd like, but again with the maxi white dress, who'd see the shoes. But I was proven wrong. BIG WRONG. My shoes is on my top of the list to flaunt!! They are FrickinEdgyFabulous! :)
Full Lace & embroidered shoes by Yongki K
 Enough for the wedding gown. I won't have chance to wear it anymore, but I'd love to see my good friends, my kids or some people dear to me to wear them. So use your one and only chance and get your pretty dress - Once in a life time! :)




No comments:

Post a Comment