Tuesday, June 21, 2011

My Daily Skincare

I don't have perfect flawless porcelain skin, but I do try to maintain the daily rituals to keep my skin fresh and radiant as much as I can. So, today, while I am still amused by our newly bought Dunbo, he's going to present my step-by-step daily skin care. Below are in chronological order of my routine.

1. Milk Cleanser: Simple Cleansing Lotion
I use this daily, mostly at night before sleep to clean up my day make up. Even without make up on, I usually will still use this as it gives me assurance no makeup residue.
However, warning: Clean up your face with water and followed by facial wash as soon as you finish applying this. It tends to be a little oily, so avoid it gets clogged into our skin
I missed out to shoot Dunbo with this product, but here it is snapped from Simple Skincare website.

Pros: It is suitable for my sensitive skin and does not leave red marks when we wipe with cotton pad.
Simple Cleansing Lotion

2. Facial Wash: Cetaphil Gentle Cleansing Bar
This is one of my best finding of all skincare product that I use. Historically, (i hope history won't repeat), I used to have very bad facial skin condition after my trip to sun-filled Bali. It was beautiful island but did big harm to my skin as it's humid, hot and let alone unhealthy food routine.
I lost track of doctor that I had seen to resolve the condition, was prescribed with 101 different kind of facial wash from doctor but nothing seemed to work. Until one fine day, I came across the forum and they mentioned Cetaphil Gentle Cleansing bar for sensitive skin. I thought it was nothing to lose situation and gave it a try. This product is non-perfume and cleanse my skin thoroughly.

Usage: I use it at least twice a day, Morning and night.
Pros: Cheap, non-perfume, work for my sensitive skin
Cons: Difficult to store as it is a soap bar
Dunbo & Cetaphil Gentle Cleansing Bar

3. Toner: Kose Sekkisei Lotion
I've been using this toner for years, starting when I was hooked with Kose product range. But slowly as my skin got more sensitive, most of Kose products were abandoned by me. But, this product is still suitable for my skin up to today. I'm not really sure what toner function to our skin. However, it does give me a fresh feeling after facial wash.

Usage: twice daily, morning & night. Wipe entire face avoiding eyes using cotton pad
Pros: Fresh feeling to face.
Cons: Slightly pricey
**Now with Japan radiation news around, I start to wonder if I should change. Recommend me good toner if you know one for sensitive skin, please!

Dunbo & Kose Sekkisei Lotion

4. Eye Cream: Estee Lauder Advanced Night Repair Eye Synchronized Complex
I just started use my first bottle of this eye cream. I'm still not convinced that this eye cream works for me, hence I just use it because I've bought it with very expensive price.
It was said to suppose to reduce the look of every visible key sign of aging: lines, wrinkles, puffiness, dark circles, more

Usage : Twice a day, after toner
Cons: Expensive :(

Dunbo & Estee Lauder Advanced Night Eye Repair Synchronized Complex


5. Serum: Estee Lauder Advanced Night Repair Synchronized Complex Cream
I was introduced to this product by my sister in law. She has this flawless skin everybody will praise her kind. So I started to be copy cat and used this product. This has been my 4th bottle and still loving it. I love how the skin turn out dewy after we use it. Tight and silky feeling.

Usage : Twice a day
Pros : Easily absorbed, non-perfume
Cons: Expensive

Dunbo & Advanced Night Repair

6. Booster : Estee Lauder Advanced Night Repair Concentrate
Hmm what should I say, age had caught up? Serum itself is no longer sufficient to keep my skin rejuvenated. After consulting with the sales person (maybe wrong person to consult to), I decided that I need booster every 3 months to let my skin cells reproducing itself.

Usage: Use for 3 weeks, every 3 months duration. Only 1 time at night
Pros : Love the night after feeling
Cons: Pricey
7. Moisturizer: Cetaphil Moisturizing Cream
Another Cetaphil products that I will rave on. Actually I'm a big fans of Cetaphil and would love to use it for all my skin care steps. Unfortunately, Cetaphil doesn't have complete range of product such as serum, booster, toner and so. Hence, I have to browse around for other products to cater for those needs.
Back to the moisturiser. I loveeee this product to the max. Not only it moisturizes my skin, but it also treated my eczema. I brought this cream to Melbourne on our winter trip, and it works perfectly to clear the itchiness on the side of my cheek due to developing Eczema. I can't say more how much I love this cream.
My only worry is now that Cetaphil has repackage this cream, I'm not sure if the new ingredients are still the same as this current cream.

Usage: Twice a day or when necessary. I apply it to my lips too sometimes
Pros: Cheap and good!
Cons: Haven't come across one :)
Dunbo & my Fave Moisturizing Cream
8. Sunblock: Shiseido Sun Protection Lotion Spf 40
Last step of my day skincare is Sunblock. Ever since I moved back, I figured more freckles are coming up. Not helping much with the hormone inside me currently as I'm pregnant. Sunblock is almost essential armour for me to fight the mighty Sun!
I sourced for Shiseido Sunblock after many recommendation and turned out I kinda love it because it helps my make up application too!

Usage: Once a day after moisturizer
Pros: Absorbed easily
Cons: There is this funny smell that maybe some people can't take it

Dunbo & Shiseido Sunblock
I figured out my Dunbo did a great job introducing these products. My advice to all pregnant mom out there to not neglect their daily skincare routine as you may not want to deepen the damage hormone could do to your skin while you are pregnant

Hugs,

No comments:

Post a Comment